• T1 2101 in Freedom Train duties

• Discussion Related to the Reading Company 1833-1976 and it's predecessors Philadelphia and Reading Rail Road and then the Philadelphia and Reading Railway.
Discussion Related to the Reading Company 1833-1976 and it's predecessors Philadelphia and Reading Rail Road and then the Philadelphia and Reading Railway.

Moderator: Franklin Gowen

by erielackawanna

I posted this on the NJ list, but realized it might be of interest to guys on this list that don't go to that list.

It's a slide my dad took of the Freedom Train T1 at Morris Plains in 1976.

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.p ... 077&nseq=0

by Tom Jacobs

:( Very sad to see this locomotive in such a sorry state. She deserves much better, not only as one of the Reading's surviving T-1's but also for representing all that was bright and beautiful about our Nation when she toured the country hauling the AFT...
  by RDGTRANSMUSEUM

Any body care to work on getting 2101 home?
  by geep39

Wouldn't count on it. Ain't gonna happen. Got LOTSA money? I was told that they applied for a grant to refurbish it.

by RDGTRANSMUSEUM

We would hope to see some sort of important RDG locomotive displayed in Reading,Pa.......someday.

by kp5308

Parts were salvaged from 2101 to make 2100 operational. On a trip to the B&O Museum in the 80's, I watched a few guys goin' at it with a torch, but I don't know what, or how much, was taken. I do know that it's one of the few items that was at the same location in the museum when I returned in 2007. Not a good sign....