• NEW BOOK: Forgotten Railroads Through Westchester County

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
  by Otto Vondrak

I usually frown on commerical postings, but I wanted to let everyone know a new book featuring the NH's electrification and the NYW&B will be available soon... I've been working on this book for the last year or so with my friends, and it's to be released soon.

http://www.nywbry.com/forgotten

-otto-
Last edited by Otto Vondrak on Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

by BM6569

Sounds like a great book. I will have to pre-order it soon. Will there be any detailed maps of the NH and NY,W&B interlockings/connections in the bronx? I can never find maps (or any books) on this area so the book should be just what I am looking for.

Warren

by Otto Vondrak

Hi Warren,

Yes, there are many detailed maps of track and interlockings on the New Haven and the NYW&B in the Bronx. West Farms Junction is in there for sure. I also have Larchmont Junction, Mamaroneck, Harrison, and others. Also a mainline track diagram for the NYW&B. Various diagrams of the NH including Van Nest and Port Chester.

-otto-

by Otto Vondrak

Hi everyone, I wanted to let everyone know I'll be giving a talk to the Westchester Coin Club regarding the NYWB on Weds. Feb. 20 - Visit http://www.coinhelp.com/page/page/694745.htm for more details. Hope to see you all there!

-otto-