• next step in hiring

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by truckerdude98

took the reading test did good :-D

question is?
what next just sit back and wait, also U.P. put back on there website a post for the same job im going for here in st.louis does that mean that they wont have or set up an interview for the position until after that post comes down?

also does that mean im assuming( i know thats not good sometimes) they didnt get enough qualified people from the first posting?

thanks for any input this board has been wonderful since starting this career hunt

truckerdude98

by UPRR engineer

Hang out and wait for a phone call or something in the mail.

by Sandman

Yeah, they told us that we would get a call by the end of the week. If not, then forget about it. I didnt so I forgot about it. Two weeks later, Sunday morning, I got a call asking if I was still interested.

So, just hang loose.

by cifn2

But don't forget about it. I was passed up back in September and got the call today for an opening at the location I had applied for.

by rwallace2fan1

cifn2 wrote:But don't forget about it. I was passed up back in September and got the call today for an opening at the location I had applied for.
Yea, I recieved info on the website that I did not qualify on interview in November, and recieved a call in Jan for a class that started the next week. I guess what I'm saying is to never give up.

by cifn2

rwallace2fan1 wrote:
cifn2 wrote:But don't forget about it. I was passed up back in September and got the call today for an opening at the location I had applied for.
Yea, I recieved info on the website that I did not qualify on interview in November, and recieved a call in Jan for a class that started the next week. I guess what I'm saying is to never give up.
Totally a good motto!