• NY Jets Special

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by gp40marc69

Did anyone hear/spot the NY Jets special train heading to DC? I saw it on track 7 in Baltimore when I got off of 168.
  by acelaphillies

gp40marc69 wrote:Did anyone hear/spot the NY Jets special train heading to DC? I saw it on track 7 in Baltimore when I got off of 168.
Did it have the 9800?
  by gp40marc69

acelaphillies wrote:
gp40marc69 wrote:Did anyone hear/spot the NY Jets special train heading to DC? I saw it on track 7 in Baltimore when I got off of 168.
Did it have the 9800?
I'm not sure. I was going up the escalator when it was pulling off. I think it had 5 coaches and there was an HHP-8 pulling it.
  by ThirdRail7

acelaphillies wrote:
Did it have the 9800?
Yes it did. It'll be late back tomorrow.
  by Jersey_Mike

I was on Train 131 (Departing Philly 8:13am) and it was full of Jets fans. The pair behind me were talking as if they didn't often take Amtrak and mentioned something about a special fare deal they had gotten that encouraged them to take the train instead of drive. Does anyone know if they were just referring to the standard lowest fare bucket (which this train was in), that promotion that was offered a few months back for discounted NEC travel during non-holiday December or if there was some special package offered through the Jets. If the latter then way to go Amtrak for finding new sources of riders.