• Save LV 95100! (Cabooses of Manchester)

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by Lehighton_Man

Holy cow, you guys made some progress! I am impressed! In terms of paint however, i honestly like third and final scheme with the stripe. Don't get me wrong, the as-delivered is just as nice, but with the stripe, it'd flow oh so much better with 211 and her scheme.
  by CRAZY4TRAINS

I hope all goes well for the lv caboose. I work for the village of williamsville here near buffalo. Recently wnyhrs brought in a almost identical caboose for the depot. Built in 1937 and still conrail blue. The interior is very orignal and is being restored. However the cost to paint this car have come close to 26,000 dollars because of the lead paint regulations. Very steep for restoration costs in todays economy. This caboose was at first thought to contain asbestos as an insulator but was tested and is horse hair. However the company that will be restoring the caboose will have to be very careful because horse hair is highly flammable.
  by Otto Vondrak

bwparker1 wrote:Otto, what is the paypal email address? And the deadline is Sunday, correct?
http://rgvrrm.blogspot.com/2011/09/help ... alley.html

You can also donate through our web site's "Support Us" page. http://www.rgvrrm.org

Our deadline is our meeting with the scrap yard managers to finalize the details of acquisition. We want to make sure we have all of our pledges and donations in our hands before any commitments are made. All levels of support are appreciated, no amount is too small (even if PayPal takes 2.5% off the top, I just found out...).

Any money raised above and beyond the purchase price will be applied towards restoration. Thank you again!

o-tto-
  by MP366

Otto, put me down for $100.00....but I won't go through PayPal, I'll send a check to the museum address. I figured you knew that PayPal scrapes some off the top each time....that's the other reason I hesitated to donate. Out of 10 grand, they take $250+/-, which sucks for a non profit.
  by bwparker1

Just donated $25, please keep us posted on the project! - BWP
  by Otto Vondrak

Great news! We have reached $9500 in our fundraising efforts! There's still time to donate if you are able to support our efforts... Every little bit counts!

Donate here: http://rgvrrm.blogspot.com/2011/09/help ... alley.html

-otto-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by lehigh310

Put me down for $100, check is going out in the mail this morning. I too would like to see it end up in the final scheme with the yellow stripe.
  by Otto Vondrak

lehigh310 wrote:Put me down for $100, check is going out in the mail this morning.
Wonderful! Thank you for your support!
I too would like to see it end up in the final scheme with the yellow stripe.
That option does seem popular! I will admit it is my favorite, too.

-otto-
  by BM6569

Just donated 20. So you need to get to $10,000? I'm surprised paypal would take 2.5% for a non-profit cause.

By the way, what happened to the other caboose?

Warren
  by Lehighton_Man

Warren,
The other caboose, was in sad shape. The majority of the windows were smashed in, and the door was easily accessible. Most of the woodwork on the inside was well rotted out. It is a bit gut wrenching to say, but I can confirm this cab will be cut up for scrap.