• Beesley's Pt. Secondary question

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by NJrailfan

I was just wondering if anyone knows what customer on the line takes large, empty flat cars? 3-5 years ago they used to be on this line almost weekly. However I hadn't seen any in several years until this Tuesday when CA-51 droped 2 of them off on the siding at Williamstown Junction. (They are still there as of Thursday morning).
  by rrbluesman

The lumber companies at Williamstown Junction might be using the flat cars.
  by JJMDiMunno

A few years ago there was a company that utilized Williamstown siding to load trash containers that they freshly painted onto flats. That may be the same company.

Mike DiMunno
SJRA / SJRail.com
  by bluedash2

AAAHHH! Just when I was wondering what happened to this operation, the trash business is booming again! LOL And BTW, that siding is the only business at Williamstown Jct since John's Manville shut down production in '09 due to the economy. DuBell Lumber is a little bit down the way from there and they only get lumber racks and boxcars. Mike's right about 51 delivering empty flat cars there to have the containers loaded on. Cool to see 51 have them on the NB trip-sometimes behind the power.
  by 161pw165

That company was mentioned in this month's Trains magazine re: the growth of trash business via rail. I don't have the issue with me, but it said they were based in Erial. Good to hear they are shipping their new containers by rail and not truck!!!!
  by ns3010

The company is Wastequip, Inc., mentioned on page 49 of the July 2011 issue of Trains Magazine.