• BN GP50's

• Discussion relating to the Burlington Northern and its predecessors Great Northern, Northern Pacific, Chicago Burlington & Quincy, Seattle Portland & Seattle, St. Louis - San Francisco, and their subsidiaries. Visit the Friends of the Burlington Northern for more information.
Discussion relating to the Burlington Northern and its predecessors Great Northern, Northern Pacific, Chicago Burlington & Quincy, Seattle Portland & Seattle, St. Louis - San Francisco, and their subsidiaries. Visit the Friends of the Burlington Northern for more information.
  by ItaliDe

I just recently got into BN... i think the GP50's paint scheme is awesome!!! So much better than the standard BN paint scheme. i'd like to get a few in HO scale. Aside from the Athearn one, does anyone else make a BN Geep50? or is anyone good at custom painting this paint scheme?
  by Engineer Spike

I believe that Athearn is the only model manufacturer of the GP50, beside a possible brass run. Some years ago, Model Railroader had an article about building one of the units with the extended cabs. These were an experiment in having a full crew in the cab, so the caboose could be eliminated.
  by Engineer Spike

MR had an article about kit bashing the extended cab. They cut back the nose, then joined parts of two cabs together.