• Chicago, Ft Wayne & Eastern

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

by Owen McGee

There's a GREAT article in the Jan '05 CTC Board about the CF&E. What they don't say much about is CF&E's operations at its Eastern terminus.

Does the CF&E maintain a yard at Crestline? Do they interchange much with the CSX or NS there?

I'm planning a trip down that way soon. What is there to look at in Crestline, other than the abandoned YMCA and the mural in the Post Office? I understand that NS closed its intermodal operations there. Anything left to see? This whole operation came and went since I have last been there.

I also want to hit the Bucyrus depot - I have friends involved in the restoration. From there I will mosey down to Marion. Should be an interesting trip, and any input is welcome!

Owen McGee

by WNYRailfan

Well in downtown Crestline is the NS MOW building with the PRR emblem carved in the Concrete. Below the OH-61 overpass is the Crestline tower. It was closed years ago, but still can be photographed easily from side streets. The brick shell of the PRR roundhouse still exists. Not much to see, but still if you have an imagination...its great.

Photos of the Bucyrus depot are at my website:
http://photos.yahoo.com/BugBoy1998_1999

Here also is a link to the Crestline Roundhouse Preservation Society:
http://home.neo.rr.com/ohiorailroadpage/crps/

By the way...what is the CTC Board Newsletter? How can I get a copy?

by nycrick

The CTC Board is magazine and you can get it at Steve's Hobbies.