• Uniq. Eqpmt Sightings: Private Varnish (PV's), Charters, etc

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by daylight4449

Matt Johnson wrote:
CSX Conductor wrote:940 is destined for DC, Traction Motor problems.
Is 940 an AEM7AC? If so, I guess it's an AC bound for DC!
Wouldn't that be a great joke! Guess we have a dual mode wannabe ;)
  by CSX Conductor

PV varnish on track #8 at South Station Boston: C&O "Chapel Hill".
  by chuchubob

CSX Conductor wrote:PV varnish on track #8 at South Station Boston: C&O "Chapel Hill".
She's a beauty!
File photos at Penn Coach Yard and Chattanooga
  by nomis

chuchubob wrote:Train 43 Pennsylvanian took L&N Ohio River and Mount Vernon to Philadelphia Thursday for National Train Day display.
Passing through HOLMES
strench707 wrote:May I ask what they're building in the foreground there?
Re: img
Penn Park entrance walkway (article & website)
  by Mackensen

#10021 "Pacific Cape"
#10031 "Ocean View"
#10001 "Beech Grove"

All three on the back of Blue Water 365 Port Huron to Chicago.

EDIT: pic
  by jhdeasy

CSX Conductor wrote:PV varnish on track #8 at South Station Boston: C&O "Chapel Hill".
PV Photo Opportunity

CHAPEL HILL will operate from BOS to ALB rearmost on train 449(15) and from ALB to CHI rearmost on train 49(15).
  by JR4815D2

Amtrak Train no. 176 has the looney tunes amfleet car. Just left nwk penn station running 50mins late
  by Train2009

JR4815D2 wrote:Amtrak Train no. 176 has the looney tunes amfleet car. Just left nwk penn station running 50mins late
I saw it on a two-hour delay #161in Stamford, CT this afternoon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1ACKhzWto0
Last edited by Train2009 on Sat May 14, 2011 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  by Gilbert B Norman

On the rear of 381 (14) was former ATSF Big Dome, now Rio Grande Scenic (with intermediate stops at Auto Train and Holland America Westours and Alaska Rail Tours).

The Alaska Tours livery remains remains; the lettering "Rio Grande Scenic" uses the 'speed' lettering of D&RGW.
  by trainmaster611

I don't know if this is the right place to put this but if anyone has information on this move, it would be appreciated. At around 3:30AM, the northbound Silver Star stopped at a siding in a town called Gifford, SC along the S-line. I saw a short Amtrak train consisting of two P42's and about 8 superliners pass us going south. The only train in the area that operates with superliners is the Auto-Train, but the Auto-Train doesn't use the S-line and the train was far too short and lacked auto-carriers.

So I'm completely baffled. Does anyone have any ideas?
  by Gilbert B Norman

Admittedly a SWAG; how about equipment drawn from the Auto Train pool for the various Train Day displays being returned to Sanford?

Other possibility is that Sanford is now being used to shop other than assigned AT equipment.
  by Tadman

Darn good question, but this is probably the best thread to ask in.
  by Amtk30

Amtk bus cars 10000 Beech Grove and 10021 Pacific Cape on rear of tonight's CL #30 dp Chgo. CL dp OT.

Amtk30
  by Gilbert B Norman

B-32 #508 was on the road today handling #380(16)'s four cars.

Although they are generally assigned about the System as Yard locomotives, Amtrak evidently continues to maintain their cab signal equipment.