• Truck hits P&W RR bridge in Woonsocket - 04-21-2011

• Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
    Official Website
Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
Official Website

Moderator: MEC407

by MEC407

From Woonsocket Patch:
Woonsocket Patch wrote:A black semi-truck collided with the Providence and Worcester railroad bridge on Main Street at 1:49 p.m. on Thursday afternoon. The collision left the bed of the truck crumpled and attracted a crowd of bystanders as a towing crew attempted to remove the big rig from the bridge.
Read more at: http://woonsocket.patch.com/articles/se ... ain-street
  by Alloy

That's a real scratch-your-head kind of news story. Even if the driver misses all those signs and lights, the bridge probably <looks> to be lower than the usual with just a glance. I drive a cargo van, and I know where I'm going to fit and where I won't. You drive a big rig, you really need to have a sense of this. Thanks for the post.
  by daylight4449

Alloy wrote:That's a real scratch-your-head kind of news story. Even if the driver misses all those signs and lights, the bridge probably <looks> to be lower than the usual with just a glance. I drive a cargo van, and I know where I'm going to fit and where I won't. You drive a big rig, you really need to have a sense of this. Thanks for the post.
Exactally why you can't drive a trailer truck to the worcester yard unless you make a roundabout route.