• Pinter Bros.

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by LRail

Does Pinter Bros. in Deer Park still receive cars? And if so, what kind of products?
Thanks, Lee
  by tj48

There is still a switch leading onto the property (I believe it is no longer called Pinter Brothers), however I haven't seen a freight car pushed in the for decades. The area where the siding leads up to and alongside a warehouse is clogged with truck trailers. I can remember as they say "back in the day" seeing LIRR RS1's, RS2's switching boxcars into that siding and sometimes causing mild traffic jams on Carl's Path and Long Island ave.
  by freightguy

Pinter Bros was a relatively busy customer in the 1990's, I believe right up to the NYAR era. They used to bring in all the news print paper for Newsday. Ashame the way Newsday writes articles about LI's clogged roadways and takes everything in by truck. This is still a commodity that is shipped alot by rail.
  by Teutobergerwald

Aren't those CV, DW&P, CN & CP Rail boxcars that are always in CSX's Oak Point Yard in the Bronx used in newsprint service?
  by freightguy

Yes. That news print goes to NY Post. Some may go to New Haven distributors in the Bronx. Supposedly Newsday had some connection to that trucking firm. I can't see how it wouldn't be easier just to ship to LI warehouse with no tolls for trucks. They could use Elm in Pineaire which gets daily service. Some company already receives rolls of paper there. Only maybe 10 miles from Newsday in Farmingdale.
  by rb

I think the newsprint that goes to New Haven (warehouse) is transloaded to trucks that go to the NY Times in College Point.