• Redoxx VS Autumn Creek

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by jclansanz

I have been a conductor for over two years now and am long over due for a quality grip. Im looking for suggestions and your insight. I have seen alot of autumn creek bags around the terminal as well as the RedOxx bags but unsure which is best, and which is worth the money. I like autumn creeks price better but i really like the idea of the Redoxx Lifetime warrenty.
  by AutumnCreek

Hi jclansanz, Not sure if you found a resolution to your quality grip issue, but as the owner of Autumn Creek I can assure you any Autumn Creek bag will serve you well for MANY years for a heck of a lot less than others. We are also a railroad specific family business and a BLET family- the only voice you will hear on the other end of the line at our company is mine. And we are the only company who makes bags hand designed and carried by a railroader- my Dad- a 41 year BNSF employee. There are a lot of great options out there, it all boils down to what you do and what you carry. In the end, I just hope you end up with a bag that lasts and most importantly- fits your needs. Happy hunting!
-Alison Addington
owner- Autumn Creek
  by slchub

I can say enough about my Autumn Creek grip since getting it nearly 7 years ago (2 trips a week). It is still holding up strong without ANY issues. I'd strongly recommend Autumn Creek over any other grip.
  by Kazecap0ne

I think i'm going to go with a Autumn Creek grip.... i just can't decide between the "overnighter daypack" or the "overnighter II daypack" . don't want to get the smaller one and then realize i needed more room but i don't want to get the bigger one if i really don't need that much room lol.
  by AutumnCreek

Hey nuub, We would be happy to exchange your double header for a double header 2. Its 5 inches shorter on the body and makes a better companion to the local if you need less space. We will cover the shipping cost both ways and it doesn't matter if your double header has seen time on the rails, we will take it back. You can contact us through our website via email or over the phone. We can't live knowing someone out there has a bag that 'works' but isn't perfect! In other news, Autumn Creek bags are all now GUARANTEED FOR LIFE! The last thing a railroader needs is doubt about their grip! Stay safe out there!
  by AutumnCreek

nuub, glad we got you all taken care of! Keep us posted on that double header 2! We think you're gonna love it!
  by JEC23

Hello I am a new conductor trainee about to start my road pool training, and was looking at Autumn Creek grips, I guess my question is how long would it take to get one delivered to my house if I ordered it tomorrow? I want to have my name put on it. Also I was looking at the double header and was wondering if anyone knew where i could find images of their camo choices? The website does not show pictures of those options. Thank you everyone in advance for your input.
  by Patmark

I work a run that turns every day. In 25 years I have tried many types of bags. The Autumn Creek Doubleheader has been a bulletproof choice. Rule books, raingear, Thermos, Maglite, change of clothes and room to spare. Had a problem with the strap pad tearing. Contacted them, and had a new one in my mailbox 3 days later. Just what the Doctor ordered for the main line.
  by slchub

I'm going on 8 years with mine. No issues at all with the material, zippers or handles.

I have however gone through 5 or 6 computer cases over the same period. Maybe Autumn Creek can come up with a better computer case.
  by hardball

I have a like new Autumn Creek over night bag. I paid $150 for it when I hired on with CSX. I was quickly furloughed and have since changed professions. I would like to sell it. If you are interested e mail me [email protected] and I can send you photos.
  by cockerhamsg

I sure would like that Red Oxx backpack but good lawd its expensive. I reckon I'm going to wear out every backpack I've got and then get one of the backpack units from Autumn Creek. Lucky for me I used to be heavy into hiking and such so I have plenty of bags lol.
  by slchub

It's been 10+ years since I bought my first (and only) Autumn Creek bags set. All are still holding up to the conditions of daily use in the yard or road.