• SoundTraxx or Loksound

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by LIRR272

Hello,

I'm looking to install two sound decoders into two P42 locomotives. My past installations used Loksound, but now I'm wondering how the Tsunami stands up? Anyone out there have any thoughts or testimonials? All would be appreciated.

Thanks
  by Mark R.

If you are happy with the sounds produced by the Loksound decoders, stick with them. Sound aside, the motor control in the Loksound decoders is far superior to the Tsunami .... or most any other decoder for that matter.

Mark.
  by ApproachMedium

Loksound has the worst FDL 16 I have ever seen. Not even close. I love the Loks for steam, they are great! But for diesel stick with a Tsunami! The Tsunami FDL16 is right on the money with the real thing. I know, I have worked with these machines many of times at my railroad jobs.