• LIRR Police K-9 activity Pine Aire Drive 12/18/10

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by atlantic1967

This may be a question for the LIRR forum but I think it's relevant here as well. Last Saturday (12/18/10) while traveling to the new Tanger Outlets for some last minute Christmas Shopping I exited the Sagtikos Parkway on to Pine Aire Drive. Traveling south near the golf course I saw a couple of LIRR police cars and a K-9 unit. I was wondering what could warrant a K-9 unit in the area and due to current events it crossed my mind it could have had something to do with Long Island's "serial killer." Are there still any NYA guys on here that could shed some light?

Thanks,
  by freightguy

Always has been a haven for tresspassers. For a long while there was a guy living in the woods near there
  by atlantic1967

Thanks Freightguy,

I didn't know they had a hobo jungle out there but I figured it had to be something more serious, I didn't think they would sic the dogs on the average trespasser?