• 5:50 PM Perryville train does it deadhead back?

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by train2

I was up in Haver de Grace (sp?) the other week shooting some trains crossing the S-Q-Hana River. A northbound MARC train with an electric crossed the bridge at 5:55PM. It returned very quickly southbound at 6:05PM. With such a lighting fast turnaround is the SB move a deadhead or revenue train?

Anyone able to offer a train number even if it is a deadhead?

T2
  by HokieNav

Looking at the schedule, train 530 is due into P-ville at 6:02, so that was probably it. There aren't any SB departures from there that late in the evening, so they must offload and then deadhead back south to wherever that set spends the night (either Martin's or BAL).
  by Bobby S

How great it would be to take the train from Perryville to Baltimore at that hour and be able to return that same evening. Wishful thinking!!! My 2 cents...
  by RailroadCrossing

I dont think they keep anything at Martins. I railfan here all the time and nothing is ever put there after service. Not yet anyway.
  by gp40marc69

The two deadhead trains from Perryville to Baltimore IIRC are 583 and 587. There might be another one as well that runs as 589.
  by lowpost50

It was probably an early 579 deadhead to BAL where its stored,or it could have turned to replace a stalled train out of BAL to WASH
  by Silverliner II

I believe all the Perryville trains deadhead to/from overnight layover in Baltimore.
  by lowpost50

Silverliner II wrote:I believe all the Perryville trains deadhead to/from overnight layover in Baltimore.
All but 1 train which turns for 445 at BAL