• Have not seen NYA out east in Bridgehampton

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by dedm30junk

Is the NYA going to come out to Pulver gas in Bridgehampton have not seen them in over a month or longer.
  by Teutobergerwald

You'd think LPG traffic out that way would pick up now....I'm sure many of those houses out there use propane in one way or another.
  by Teutobergerwald

Yesterday (Saturday) or today?
  by dedm30junk

During the summer it was once a week with 5 bombs being delivered and now it took over 6weeks before a new set of cars were delivered this past sunday.Now they probably go to every 2 weeks with cars.
  by RRJS3

Do they normally run out there on Sundays? Been a while since I've seen them on the Montauk, I'm always seeing new cars over in Islip though.
  by dedm30junk

NYA going east to bridgehampton today spotted them going by westhampton station at 11:05am.
  by Teutobergerwald

Saw the 159 eastbound, cab-forward, this morning around 0910 through Rosedale, with two covered hoppers and five tankcars. I guess the covered hoppers were for the customer in Eastport and the tankcars for the gas customer in Bridgehampton???
  by mainline

Sounds right. They wait for 5 propane for pulver so its cost effective.
  by dedm30junk

Its been 5 weeks and no NYA out to Bridgehampton to pick up the empty tank cars.Are they trying to lose another customer like they did to Eastport Feed. Not a way to run a freight department.
  by dedm30junk

NYA going east today passing westhampton station at 10:13am with 8 cars and 2 engines heading to Bridgehampton to drop off 5 tankers. Its been almost 3 months since they last went out to Bridgehampton.
  by freightguy

I thought they were maybe heading out there. I heard Divide calling the RS 40 earlier.
  by Teutobergerwald

Horrendous weather for the crew on that run....
  by dedm30junk

NYA went out to Bridgehampton today with the 261&268 and one bathtub gondola to pick up the 5 empty bombs that was out there for over 4 weeks. I hope they didnt lose Pulver gas as a customer.