Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by MNRR07

M8's behind BJ'S in North Haven Oct. 23, 2010 @ 1600
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by DutchRailnut

well It sure looks like they do match the Circus train :P
  by MNRR07

DutchRailnut wrote:well It sure looks like they do match the Circus train :P
good point!
  by GP40 6694

DutchRailnut wrote:well It sure looks like they do match the Circus train :P
And to think a set of M-8's has about the same HP as the entire Circus train!
  by AMK0123

As of last evening there looked like 4 more M-8's were up at CSX's Selkirk yard. They were to far away (located near the car shop), so I couldn't see what car numbers they were.
  by Jeff Smith

You couldn't see the numbers because no light escapes a black hole; in this case, the black hole of Selkirk.....
  by IrideNHline

Those interior shots are nice. I already picked my seat for my morning commute :) Seeing all that instrumentation for testing really makes you appreciate how much goes into making these safe and ready for commuter transport.

Can't wait to start riding to work in them!
  by UpperHarlemLine4ever

On Monday evening about 9:00PM saw 4 M8's (2 married pairs) pass North White Plains heading towards Southeast.
  by gregorygrice

UpperHarlemLine4ever wrote:On Monday evening about 9:00PM saw 4 M8's (2 married pairs) pass North White Plains heading towards Southeast.
Wow! Really? I could've caught the at my home in WP. Why are they on the Harlem line?
  by DutchRailnut

good place for high speed (60mph) gap testing because of some 60 mph crossovers and shit load of crossings with gaps longer than two cars.
also good place for slip/slide testing, if staying ahead of waterworld.
  by gregorygrice

DutchRailnut wrote:good place for high speed (60mph) gap testing because of some 60 mph crossovers and * load of crossings with gaps longer than two cars.
also good place for slip/slide testing, if staying ahead of waterworld.
Do you know how long they will be using the Harlem Line
  by FL9AC

Do you know how long they will be using the Harlem Line
They are testing the M8's all over the railroad...no real set schedule per say...
  by zebrasepta

when will the M8's be in service?
i know the Silverliner V's from SEPTA are in service only the prototype 3 though
btw i think M8's are better :-D
  by DutchRailnut

again comparing SEPTA's heavy trolleys with real trains ???
scheduled is 8 cars in service by December if nothing gets in way.
  by zebrasepta

DutchRailnut wrote:again comparing SEPTA's heavy trolleys with real trains ???
scheduled is 8 cars in service by December if nothing gets in way.
i'm still pretty new and why do you call them heavy trolleys?
please and thank you.