• West side of Newark Branch

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by bk77

JohnFPorcaro wrote:
kamerad47 wrote:Who got sold a bill of goods here?? was it the RR (NS) or did the RR (NS) sell it to the gov to pay for this ine that doesn't get used????
This totally defies logic! You do all this work on a rail-line for nothing?
Let us not forget that the economy is still in the tank and could be a factor on things not moving on the branch. It's very possible Innovation had customers lined up for acquiring product, but backed out because the demand they planned on never came. While more companies are starting to use biodiesel, I don't see it shipped in nearly the same amount of quantities (not yet anyway) as Ethanol, which is moving in crazy amounts by railroads across the U.S.

I've been working for the railroad for 15 years, and I learned early on that while some plans do pan out, an equal percentage of things planned fall through, or were nothing more than rumors to begin with. Hence why I tend to live by the rule of "don't believe it until you see it." However, I do HOPE that increase in traffic for the branch is still coming...
  by kamerad47

Not many busiuness , if at all spend that kind of $$$ on someone's word or rumor & are still around!! Oh yea goverment paid for it!!!! that the only way!
  by rev66vette

"Patience is a virtue........possess it if you can".............
  by ladder2

Just curious, is Innovation Fuels still in business? I checked their website and it now is a Spanish language website. and itsSyracuse, NY website is gone also. Since our taxes no longer subsidize biofuels (credits expired and Congress has yet to reinstate. According Biodiesel Magazine, Oct 2010 issue, reg diesel is running about 2.85 per gallon while biodiesel runs from 3.05 to 3.70 per gallon depending upon dilution with reg diesel. Seems like the green issue is fading rather quickly, since the govt subsidies have vanished. NS improvements to thetrackbed can easily be written off at tax time. So can anyone verify if the company is even around anymore? At those prices what trucker is going to fill his 80 - 100 gallon saddle tanks with fuel costing so much more? Just curious.
  by Jonathan R McCann

I checked the site too and it goes to some spanish language thing and any other sites that said Innovation Fuels dont exist anymore =O
  by rev66vette

Recently, friends of mine have been reporting seeing the local sitting near the crossing on Mt Prospect Ave in Clifton in the morning hours between 8 and 9AM. Evidently when they switch Van Ness on a weekday evening, they have to sit and wait clearance to enter the main at Paterson Junction and in turn wait for the morning commuter rush to subside.

Also, the VFW commander from the post that was the old Allwood station asked me the other day where the trains were. I told him it would be "any day"....
  by Jonathan R McCann

I saw the signal maintainer doing his monthly earlier but i didnt get to talk to him, and the rails are really rusty; theyre turning black like on abandoned lines!
  by ladder2

So has anyone contacted Innovation to see if they are still around? Yesterdays Wall Street Journal says 85% of the biodiesel companies are out of business ! And as an aside the same article states the ethanol subsidies are done at the end of this year and with the tea party people taking over in Washington, DC it looks like that industry and its related traffic on the rails will be done also. So much for the green ideas!
  by Jtgshu

I thought i saw something about the Ethanol requirements in gasoline being boosted up to 15% from 10%.......its not going anywhere, the agriculture industry and lobbyists are VERY powerful.......and those are all red states. The Tea Party isn't that powerful!

Did you guys honestly think that as soon as the track equipment cleared there were gonna be 20 car freights several times a week? NOTHING on the railroad happens fast.......... be patient!
  by Sir Ray

Jtgshu wrote:Did you guys honestly think that as soon as the track equipment cleared there were gonna be 20 car freights several times a week?
The Bride - Kill Bill Vol 1 wrote:You know, for a second there, yeah, I kinda did.
Well, maybe not 20 car freights several times a week - but after all that work, certainly something - Innovation was shipping (however sporadically) prior to the track upgrade...
  by kamerad47

I passed by Innovation fuels today Still in business ! cars & workers in the plant?? NS has a backhoe parked a Little St. what's up ????
  by Jonathan R McCann

kamerad47 wrote:I passed by Innovation fuels today Still in business ! cars & workers in the plant?? NS has a backhoe parked a Little St. what's up ????
I doubt that backhoe belongs to NS, the Vito S place has a few machines in the area...