• Colton Diamond photography

• Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Komachi

by SantaFe5811

Gentlemen,

Firstly, I must apologise if this subject has popped up in the past - I did a search with no luck.

My partner and I are coming up from Australia and will be on a cross country trip of the US in 2011. One place I am very keen on photographing at, even if it's a couple of trains is at the Colton Diamonds. (hopefully leaving the other half at the shopping mall for 3-4 hours! :P ) There has been talk of a fly over being put in (but the project seams to be suspended).

There are connecting tracks in 3 of the quadrants. What is the vacant quadrant like for photography/filmography and the legal ramifications from being there? Is it private property or do I need to treat it as I would any other mainline and keep a 15ft distance from the closest railhead.

Thanks for your help & time.

Cheers,
Mike Forster