• Built the ARC tunnel under the Hudson River instead.

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by Jtgshu

Bobinchesco wrote:JT, I know that you are a qualified engineer, and I don't want to get into an argument with you, but I'm pretty sure that MOST trains exiting Sunnyside Yard come out of SUB 1 and SUB2 onto LINE2.
Nah I totally apologize, you are 100 percent right....I had a brain fart right there.....hahahaha Its been a rough day......

Yes, most NJT and Amtrak trains coming out of SSYD come out Sub 1 and 2 to Line 2.

I had the same problem when I was qualifying it....hahahahah

Most NJT/Amtrak trains take Line 1 into SSYD, while MOST NJT/Amtrak trains take Line 2 back to NYP, but can take Line 3/4 as well

Sorry for any confusion......

*facepalm*
  by TheTroll

Jtgshu wrote:
Bobinchesco wrote:JT, I know that you are a qualified engineer, and I don't want to get into an argument with you, but I'm pretty sure that MOST trains exiting Sunnyside Yard come out of SUB 1 and SUB2 onto LINE2.
Nah I totally apologize, you are 100 percent right....I had a brain fart right there.....hahahaha Its been a rough day......

Yes, most NJT and Amtrak trains coming out of SSYD come out Sub 1 and 2 to Line 2.

Most NJT/Amtrak trains take Line 1 into SSYD, while MOST NJT/Amtrak trains take Line 2 back to NYP, but can take Line 3/4 as well

*facepalm*
Wow!! Gotta write this down. JT had brain fart. :P Made me think everything I knew was wrong.
  by Jtgshu

TheTroll wrote:
Jtgshu wrote:

*facepalm*
Wow!! Gotta write this down. JT had brain fart. :P Made me think everything I knew was wrong.
you of all people should know that I have plenty of brain farts! :) Good thing the signals in the east river tunnels have the prefix on them :) HAHA

I haven't called Cetc 9 "union" yet, but I also haven't had to yet....im sure I will tho......probably several times......hahaha
  by cruiser939

braves wrote:Why not just built the new ARC tunnel under the Hudson River but instead connect the new tunnel under the Hudson River with the existing Penn Station.

This would save alot of money and with the LIRR freeing up space in Penn Station in 2016 by the East Side Access, this would add more NJ trains into & out of Penn Station and this would allow Amtrak also to use the new tunnel as well.

Any thoughts, please post them up.
I've avoided the tunnel related threads for a while but allow me to say that the title of this thread gives me an instant migraine every time I see it.
  by ryanov

To do it the right way would cost too much money and be too hard, essentially. I'd prefer they leave it be over doing it the wrong way (and ultimately needing to do it over)... but I think a lot of others would disagree.

Long and short of it, though, is that no one cares what I think about it, and whatever is gonna get done is gonna get done. Transit doesn't get the support it should in this country. One day people will wake up.