• Service on Montauk LIne

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by wildwood junction

Yesterday (Wed Sept 21)I spent most of the day at Patchogue, taking the LIRR from Penn Stn. I noted in the morning a NY&A train eastbound with a few cars, then later in the afternoon the train returning with a few cars. Who are the shippers on this line? Does this train run on any particular days, or is it 'as needed'? I would like to photograph this train sometime when I have my car to follow the train. The train seemed to run right behind the scheduled psgr trains. I did photograph the LIRR psgr trains, but I was frustrated :( not to have been ready and set-up the photograph the NY&A train which I was not expecting. Thanks.