• plant on Rt 130 in Bordentown

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by kevikens

Yesterday i drove south on US Rt 130 in Bordentown where there used to be rail service on the old Camden and Amboy Line to some kind of plant or factory. The last time I saw any service on that line was several years ago. I thought maybe the RiverLine had killed off freight service north of the Bordentown station. Well, anyway, as I passed by I spotted several covered hoppers spotted at the end of the bumper close to 130. Does anyone know if that plant still has rail service and what is in the cars and when do trains operate on that line? Thanks
  by JJMDiMunno

kevikens wrote:Yesterday i drove south on US Rt 130 in Bordentown where there used to be rail service on the old Camden and Amboy Line to some kind of plant or factory. The last time I saw any service on that line was several years ago. I thought maybe the RiverLine had killed off freight service north of the Bordentown station. Well, anyway, as I passed by I spotted several covered hoppers spotted at the end of the bumper close to 130. Does anyone know if that plant still has rail service and what is in the cars and when do trains operate on that line? Thanks
That's the Robbinsville Industrial Track and a number of industries are still served along it - I'm not sure exactly which industry you're referring to, but if you could provide some additional detail on the location, I might be able to get you a name.

Served several times a week overnight by BU-20 as far as I know.

Mike DiMunno
SJRA / SJRail.com
  by JJMDiMunno

I think I just figured out what you were referring to - I believe you're talking about Agway, they're located between Bordentown and Yardville around MP 28.2 on the Robbinsville Industrial - they receive covered hoppers. They're a significant customer as far as I know. I'm just not sure they store cars on those storage spurs all the time.

See attached birds eye view, courtesy BING.
agway.JPG
Mike DiMunno
SJRA / SJRail.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by Mr. Ed

I was by that plant a few months ago and there were covered hoppers on those tracks right up to 130.

Later!
Mr. Ed
  by WestTrentonFan

Drove over the S. Broad Street crossing on the Robbinsville Industrial and saw a NS engine with about 10 cars attached on the siding. This has been here since at least Friday night. Seeing cars tied down on this line is usual this time of year; seeing an engine with them is not.

Any thoughts as to why the engine might be there?