Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by ns3010

The rebuilds will come back with 2,500 gallon tanks.
  by ApproachMedium

Says who?
  by morris&essex4ever

ApproachMedium wrote:Says who?
ns obviously :P
  by HBLR

Last time I saw an F40PH-2CAT not on Hoboken division tracks was an inbound in the morning some months ago on the raritan valley line. Same train now comes in ahead of a train I sometimes take into manhattan from new brunswick. I believe conrail track work is responsible for this as my inbound train will often have to hold just shy of the abandoned platform section before pulling in for station stop. The locomotive I last saw was 4113.
  by TheTroll

ns3010 wrote:The rebuilds will come back with 2,500 gallon tanks.
Nope. They are in the bulletin order with 1800 galllon tanks. Would have been nice though. :-D
  by break the seals

I heard rumor from a friend who says 2 of the MNR Rebuilt F40s arrived in the MMC a few weeks ago wearing new numbers. 4908 (4192) and 4913 (4123). Any confirmation on this?
  by Matt Johnson

Would be the third redesignation for 4192 (ex-Amtrak 382)
  by sullivan1985

morris&essex4ever wrote:
NS has nothing to do with these rebuilds.
  by morris&essex4ever

sullivan1985 wrote:
morris&essex4ever wrote:
Hence the :P after my post.
  by cnj1524

Dont some of the cat rebuilds already have 2500 gal tanks? And as to the MN rebuilds(NJT's F40 cats)well have there been any pics yet?
I do know when it goes from prints to final product things really change so until We see them we wont know,but why is NJT not choosing
to lease these units out vs keeping them,I just dont get it and dont tell me cost efective because every engine they have leased or sold
are still in service
  by sullivan1985

cnj1524 wrote:Dont some of the cat rebuilds already have 2500 gal tanks? And as to the MN rebuilds(NJT's F40 cats)well have there been any pics yet?
I do know when it goes from prints to final product things really change so until We see them we wont know,but why is NJT not choosing
to lease these units out vs keeping them,I just dont get it and dont tell me cost efective because every engine they have leased or sold
are still in service
The ex-Amtrak F40's that MNRR rebuilt came back with 2500 gallon tanks. The only NJT CAT rebuilt to come back with a 2500 gallon tank was the 4113. All the rest had 1500.
  by cruiser939

morris&essex4ever wrote:
sullivan1985 wrote:
morris&essex4ever wrote:
Hence the :P after my post.
So essentially, you can write whatever nonsense you want and as long as you follow it with a smiley, it must be accepted by the board as cute and not ridiculous?
  by morris&essex4ever

cruiser939 wrote: So essentially, you can write whatever nonsense you want and as long as you follow it with a smiley, it must be accepted by the board as cute and not ridiculous?
I don't get how it was nonsense.