• All I want for Christmas is.......

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by JoeLIRR

scopelliti,

maby BLI might make one. an email wount hurt.

and ill ad a G5 on to it.

by Richard Glueck

A high-hood plastic C420 by Atlas or Athearn would be a great addition to the locomotives out there. Rivarossi made a low-hood C420 three years ago, and it sank like a rock.

by JoeLIRR

i'll take a Atlas unit any day, maby if we all write to them and come up w. a plan to have them Make C420's in LIRR.
there costomer service pple seam relitivy friendly. so we might get lucky

also here my "Winner"
have RMLI and Friends of 35 contact LL P2k line and see if we can have the G5 made in Proto2000 heritage steam series, and a % of the proceeds go to us for the restoration, hey, there are alot of pennsy modlers out there, so who knows, this may be a hit.. i been pondering this one for some time now.

by Paul

While high hood C-420s and P2K G5s sounds great, i would believe they are only "local favorites" and would not sell on a mass level. I believe the high hood C-420 was only used by LIRR and Monon and maybe a few N&W units but don't hold me to that. There is a company out there who makes HH 420a with drop equalizer trucks AND Hyad trucka as well. I can't remember where on the web they are.

by scopelliti

Tiger Valley Models does do many Alco models. I'm aware of them, but would rather get it all in one package (DCC, sound, paint job). BTW, Tiger Vallley is at http://www.lynnet.com/~tigervalley/

by emfinite

I have seen a few nice brass high-hoods on eBay. Two were in Long Island colors, one blue wave and one grey and orange. The L-2 even had the Hi-Adhesion trucks. Search every once in a while and you may get lucky.