Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Mr Met

I know there is bathrooms in the M-1's 3's and 7's and in the C-3 cab cars but can you tell me if there is a bathroom in the c-3 cars without the cab, the Mp-15's, DM's, DE's and the Gp-38's that NYA now runs but the lirr use to use

by JoeLIRR

There are no bathrooms in the MP15's or GP38's
and there are bathrooms in the C3 non cab cars. (i remember seeing one)

as for the DE/M'si dont think there is a crapper in there either, but ill leave it to some one else to conferm that.

by Trains

Does anyone have interior pictures of the DE/DM-30's and GP-38's?

by bluebelly

There are no bathrooms in the DE/DMs. The odd numbered C-3 coaches have bathrooms as well as all Cab cars.

by emfinite

I know that CSX MP15AC/DC/T's have toilets in the long hood.

by Liquidcamphor

The last locomotives the LIRR had with toilets were the C420's...it was in the short hood end with the steam generator. It was pretty barbaric...simply a toilet to a hole in the floor.
  by bellstbarn

The complainers about the lavatories in LIRR coaches are loud and frequent, but, surprisingly, I have found the lavatories on the multiple-unit fleet (odd-numbered cars, west end of pairs) satisfactory for the need. Among the smart tactics is the provision of handi-wipes. When the C-3's arrived on the scene, there were problems with smells. Let's hope the elmination of traveling cleaners doesn't cause the deterioration of the loos. Wantagh station men's room (a new room) is always in top shape, thanks to the workers.

by JoeLIRR

Liquidcamphor,

I rode in a hack once w/ a toilet like that. i beleive that was relitivy common amoung railroads to have toilets like that,

Hey, it cuts the cost & time of labor to clean out the waist tank

by Liquidcamphor

The Long Island's hacks are the same way...