• Lower Bridgeport Yard

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
  by trainguy2024

I am modeling the Lower Bridgeport yard near Jenkins curve. I am looking for a picture of the area so I can model the area correctly. The only picture I have is in New Haven Power. I believe the yard had seven tracks? Judging by the picture in New Haven Power the yard had six to seven tracks. I am looking for as much info as I can get. Looking for track numbers, names of industries in the area and any useful pics for modeling. Thanks for anyone's help.
  by Travelsonic

The University of Connecticut Digital Libraries has track diagrams, I actually stumbled across 'em a little while back [literally] to my pleasant surprise. You can find track maps/diagrams of the NYNH&H here, not just the NY and CT portions, but all of it looks like the entirety of the RR.

As for the Bridgeport area specifically,
Is THIS what you are looking for in terms of the yard?

If not there are more search results here where I tried to limit the results to Bridgeport / immediate areas surrounding it only.

DO NOTE: On each page there is a thumbnail image on the right hand side that makes scrolling through the zoomed images a LOT easier.
  by Jeff Smith

What a great resource! Thanks! I was checking out New Rochelle yard, and was surprised to find out not only how large it was, but there was also a roundhouse. It also showed the end of line for the NYW&B as of 1920.