• Surviving RDG Stations

• Discussion Related to the Reading Company 1833-1976 and it's predecessors Philadelphia and Reading Rail Road and then the Philadelphia and Reading Railway.
Discussion Related to the Reading Company 1833-1976 and it's predecessors Philadelphia and Reading Rail Road and then the Philadelphia and Reading Railway.

Moderator: Franklin Gowen

by RDGTRANSMUSEUM

Thanks for posting the pic,today the inside is all cleaned up (benches removed)and dry thanks to a new roof donated by a local dept store business man. The main waiting room will feature rolling displays on RR history and transportation.
  by jrevans

RDGTRANSMUSEUM wrote:Thanks for posting the pic,today the inside is all cleaned up (benches removed)and dry thanks to a new roof donated by a local dept store business man. The main waiting room will feature rolling displays on RR history and transportation.
Thanks for the update, and glad to hear that there's a new roof on there now.

I see that Senator (for now) Specter put in a $400k appropriations request for station restoration. That would be nice if the group had that money....
http://specter.senate.gov/public/_files/THUD.pdf
Project Name: Franklin Street Station Intermodal
Grantee: Berks Area Reading Transportation Authority
Request: $400,000
Account: Bus and Bus Facilities
Franklin Street Station Intermodal – I urge the Subcommittee to provide $400,000 for the design,
engineering and construction required to rehabilitate, restore and develop the historic Reading Railroad
Franklin Street Station located next to the Berks Area Reading Transportation Authority Park-N-Transit
Facility. Funds will also be used to convert the historic station to a modern, more efficient and
environmentally sound facility.
  by Steam man

Franklin Gowen wrote:Jim, thank you
And a shout-out to fellow poster Steam Man for this comprehensive listing of surviving stations along the former ACRR. I appreciate it. :)
:-D :-D
  by jadebullet2

Does anyone know what happened to the Good Spring station?
  by GP30 5513

jadebullet2 wrote:Does anyone know what happened to the Good Spring station?
I believe it was razed a number of years ago.

This picture is featured on West2k.com's Station Database as the original station for Good Spring. I'm familiar with that area.

Pic:

Schuylkill County page:
http://www.west2k.com/pastations/schuylkill.shtml
  by limejuice

Does anyone know what happened to the station building that was most recently in Newtown? (formerly Fairless Jct.)
  by David

There are two surviving Reading stations on the Grenloch Line in New Jersey. They are the Blackwood Station and the Grenloch Station. The Grenloch Station is a private home and the Blackwood Station has been moved to a nearby historic park where it has been restored. Also see my avatar--The Mount Ephraim Station, but gone.