• Pan Am SD40 model

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by ItaliDe

I would only guess the only reason why Guilford sold those SD45's to MRL is because they didnt need that much horsepower on almost no grades... i have seen MRL trackage... it's insane 2.5% grades over Mullen Pass... Usually 18 SD45's it takes to get a coal train over that pass... that's 50,000 horsepower.....maybe more...
  by ItaliDe

Are there any Pan Am experts in this forum? I need an exact count and road # list for ALL Pan Am locomotives that are in Pan AM Paint..either phase I or II. Thanks!
  by MEC407

Please see the Pan Am Repaint Thread for the answer to your question. :-) Here is the link to the specific post: http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopi ... 50#p794617
  by ItaliDe

How bout this MP15AC? PAR def needs one ! great locomotives...........
  by MEC407

Wow! That is sharp!
  by Stephen

Indeed, that's a nice paint job. In about 15 or 20 years, PAR may get a few of those...
  by MEC407

They could get some right now, except the price ($270K each) is way more than they'd want to pay! http://www.ozarkmountainrailcar.com/emd ... tchers.htm
  by ItaliDe

hmm, thats pricey! and they arent AC units either.. the MP15AC was better... has a tunnel motor sound to it..same concept.
  by Stephen

MEC407 wrote:They could get some right now, except the price ($270K each) is way more than they'd want to pay!
Yup, that's why I said 15 or 20 years!