• Official Valley Railroad Thread (VRR) - 2010

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by H.F.Malone

Does that engine face SOUTH? Or are my ancient eyes playing tricks on me?
  by shadyjay

H.F.Malone wrote:Does that engine face SOUTH? Or are my ancient eyes playing tricks on me?
Sure looks that way, but nothing a trip on the wye can't fix when the time comes.
  by kitn1mcc

yes it is from what i have been told it will make retubing easyer
  by Otto Vondrak

shadyjay wrote:
H.F.Malone wrote:Does that engine face SOUTH? Or are my ancient eyes playing tricks on me?
Sure looks that way, but nothing a trip on the wye can't fix when the time comes.
NO! Facing south IS the fix! lol... I wish just once I could photograph one of their trains with the engine pointing south on the south end...
  by Cosmo

LOL!
Well, hopefully you guys'll get your chance soon enough,...
meanwhile, we've got to get her wheels back under her FIRST! :wink:
  by H.F.Malone

Having been the first PITA who persuaded the "powers that be" (or "were") to turn an engine south for GOOD photos, way back in the early 80's, I applaud the way the engine is facing. I know certain VRR engineers hate being away from close visual observation of the station platform (or more precisely, some of the summer scenery on the platform--- "Ice on 3" anyone?), but they'll get used to it. Anyway, it gives the fireman a turn to gawk.
  by Cosmo

Sorry Mr Malone,
Not my department. :wink:
  by CannaScrews

Yeah, but the problem with facing south is that you will need 50' or so more water hose to top off the tank after the runaround.

Maybe, to save the extra effort, you can top off at the south end and just tie on before train time.
  by Cosmo

GUYS! Guys-guys, were getting WAY ahead of things here!
The engine is not even on the RAILS yet! :P
  by Cosmo

Well, hopefully I can get over there tomorow night to see it.
Anyone else who wants can come tomorow, just remember to wear your "grungies!" :wink:
  by shadyjay

The EST facebook page mentions preparations for the 40th Anniversary.... anyone have any insights as to the plan? 3025 won't be ready by then... or will she? Perhaps the usual equipment on display - for the 30th it was a Shore Line East trainset, for the 20th it was that, plus P&W and CV power. I'd like to see an Amtrak P42 come on up, plus the P&W.

Yes I know, it's still over a year away, but just curious.... ?