• Ringling Bros. Blue Unit route??

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by FullParallel

Hey all,
I am up in NJ over spring break, & would like to catch the blue unit on its trek down to Richmond. Any ideas on the route it will take when it departs sometime Mid -day Monday? I have seen other postinga stating possibly via the NS Lehigh Line or the NEC. Anyone have more info they's like to share??

Thanks in advance

Steve
  by wolfboy8171981

The train will be handed off to the CSX from AMTRAK at Lane some time in the early morning on Monday.
  by chuxter26

The coaches are in Croxton....So the NS is in mix here too.
  by TBRED

Turtle!!...Turtle!!
  by njt5140

TBRED wrote:Turtle!!...Turtle!!
BAAAA!! BAAAAA!!
  by RailsEast

wolfboy8171981 wrote:The train will be handed off to the CSX from AMTRAK at Lane some time in the early morning on Monday.
Sheesh, Wolf (in sheeps clothing), there you go, bustin' (lamb)chops again..........baaaa
:-)
  by njt5140

Kaback9 wrote:http://kaback9.rrpicturearchives.net/sh ... id=2008099

NO SHEEP ON THIS TRAIN! The Sheep never made it out of OI :P .
Yea we screwed around as best we could so only you and no meat puppets were able to get photos before the light ran out!!

I blame a severe lack of communication between NS, CSX, CRSAA, Amtrak and RBBB for the delays!
  by Kaback9

njt5140 wrote:
Kaback9 wrote:http://kaback9.rrpicturearchives.net/sh ... id=2008099

NO SHEEP ON THIS TRAIN! The Sheep never made it out of OI :P .
Yea we screwed around as best we could so only you and no meat puppets were able to get photos before the light ran out!!

I blame a severe lack of communication between NS, CSX, CRSAA, Amtrak and RBBB for the delays!
Thanks LOL.
  by TBRED

I see we were on our best NS behavior when shoving from Stock this afternoon?.....
Eh' it was somethin' to watch from trk12 this afternoon while passing by at hump warp speed.
  by njt5140

TBRED wrote:I see we were on our best NS behavior when shoving from Stock this afternoon?.....
Eh' it was somethin' to watch from trk12 this afternoon while passing by at hump warp speed.
That was a nice job spraying for mosquitoes with that pair of 8800's!
  by TBRED

8 and sand, 8 and sand...the pride of the fleet, at a blistering 3.7mph!!
The ringing in my ears is much,much better.I think the blood clotting up as they bled helped.. :-D
  by dlagrua

I saw that train while it was parked on a siding in Scranton PA about four years ago. It looked like something straight out of the 1950's; old beat up and worn. I'm surprised that the CSX and NS railroads even agree to haul this decrepid train. It doesn't apppear to meet current day standards and since freight operators a pull the train it might be exempt from some FRA passenger requirements. The train is loaded with animals and equipment but I can't believe that circus people actaully sleep and dine aboard this train. Its fascinating to see but its not exactly Amtrak.