• New Locomotive for FGLK

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by sd80mac

Lehighton_Man wrote:As well as I. Without doubt, that would be the most stupid decision by any shortline, unless your a massive conglomerate, such as G&W corp. I was harassing sd80mac on his comment, no harm done. :)
:P
  by Mr.S

Is this the locomotive in question?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by scottychaos

Mr.S wrote:Is this the locomotive in question?
No..thats FGLK 2308, which arrived in Geneva on May 9, 2009.

the new one, the topic of this thread, will be FGLK 2309..
Still no reports of 2309 in Geneva..it is probably still in transit.
and we still artent sure which Camas Prairie - Great Northwest unit it is..

Scot
  by Mr.S

scottychaos wrote:
Mr.S wrote:Is this the locomotive in question?
No..thats FGLK 2308, which arrived in Geneva on May 9, 2009.

the new one, the topic of this thread, will be FGLK 2309..
Still no reports of 2309 in Geneva..it is probably still in transit.
and we still artent sure which Camas Prairie - Great Northwest unit it is..

Scot
Thanks Scot
  by scharnhorst

FGLK Passed by ITT/Gould Pumps at 12:30p.m. on 3/31 with 2304 and 1751. FGLK came back around at 6:50p.m. with a Camas Prairie unit in the lead but I could not read the cab number as I could not read them 4 inch numbers on the cab side from 200 feet away this could be 2309?? anyone in or Near the Geneva area able to check this out. 2304 was trailing 1751 must have been left in Solvay.
  by lvrr325

We should have waited on all this SD80MAC discussion so someone could have posted today that Finger Lakes had cut a deal to buy CP's four SD90MACs for service on their lines.
  by BR&P

FGLK Passed by ITT/Gould Pumps at 12:30p.m. on 3/31 with 2304 and 1751
Absolutely false!

People have asked why I seldom post here anymore. One of the reasons is the constant, repeated posting of totally incorrect and unsubstantiated information. I can state with 100% certainty that 1751 was nowhere near Auburn yesterday.

There is another thread here about renaming the NS line from Corning to Geneva. Unless I missed that bulletin, no such change has taken place. Yet it generates 2 pages of wild speculation.

I have appealed before - if you are not absolutely certain about something, qualify your post with "I think" or "to the best of my memory" or whatever. We have some people here who - over and over - post something as fact when they are just taking a guess or - worse yet - posting just to look like they are "in the know".

The quality of a forum such as this is largely dependent on the people posting on it. And it feeds on itself. The more foolishness and wrong information posted, the more it drives away people who care about accuracy and facts.
  by Otto Vondrak

BR&P wrote:
FGLK Passed by ITT/Gould Pumps at 12:30p.m. on 3/31 with 2304 and 1751
Absolutely false!

People have asked why I seldom post here anymore. One of the reasons is the constant, repeated posting of totally incorrect and unsubstantiated information. I can state with 100% certainty that 1751 was nowhere near Auburn yesterday.

There is another thread here about renaming the NS line from Corning to Geneva. Unless I missed that bulletin, no such change has taken place. Yet it generates 2 pages of wild speculation.

I have appealed before - if you are not absolutely certain about something, qualify your post with "I think" or "to the best of my memory" or whatever. We have some people here who - over and over - post something as fact when they are just taking a guess or - worse yet - posting just to look like they are "in the know".

The quality of a forum such as this is largely dependent on the people posting on it. And it feeds on itself. The more foolishness and wrong information posted, the more it drives away people who care about accuracy and facts.
Crriminey, stop yelling at us, and yell at scharnhorst! or whomever! I'm not going to be held responsible for every goddamned thing said on this stupid website!!

Whether you choose to post here is strictly your own choice!

This site is not an official news source! It is a privately owned and operated web site! We do not claim, nor will we attempt to personally vet every piece of information posted on this site! Use this site at your own risk!

If "misinformation" bothers you and your friends so much, then you are free and encouraged to rebut! That's about all we can do here! I have no way of knowing one way or the other. If you choose to only mock us, then that is entirely your choice, too. We're not "driving anyone way." The membership and participation at this site is AT-WILL.

I will ban all discussion of the FGLK and its related operations if that's what it takes to avoid this kind of roundy-round every time someone makes a mistake talking about this Very Important Shortline.

-otto-