• hi vis rules - what are the rest of you wearing?

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

by Scott C

We've all been told to wear the hi vis vests. The one's provided by UP are pretty sorry. Most of us have been buying our own jackets and sweatshirts this winter. Looks like we'll be moving to some tees for the spring. We've been told to wear ansi 2...but there seems to be some special UP issue with having any black on the jackets. Since we pay for these with our own money I can't see why we can't wear the kind that hides the dirt? Are all the regions having the same problem?
  by Scott C

Just got some hi vis tee-shirts. Feels like Under Armour... soft with 3M tape on it. Came from Reflective Apparel. They have a website set up for UP and any other railroad guys. Was told I could pass it on. (www.reflectiveapparel.com). For the railroad discount the login was: UP the password was: : safety
  by UPRR engineer

Most people, me included, aint gonna spend my money on junk like that. Railroad issue is good enough for me. I make around 15 minutes of OT every trip fixing the vest they gave me.