• VRE selling 7 old gallery cars - Is MARC interested?

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by MACTRAXX

Davin: If MARC purchases these ex-Chicago gallery cars they would only be useable on the Brunswick/Martinsburg/Frederick CSX line because of the Penn and Camden line's high-level platforms.
I will also say that VRE will find a new home for them...I will be surprised if they do not sell...MACTRAXX
  by davinp

MACTRAXX wrote:Davin: If MARC purchases these ex-Chicago gallery cars they would only be useable on the Brunswick/Martinsburg/Frederick CSX line because of the Penn and Camden line's high-level platforms.
I will also say that VRE will find a new home for them...I will be surprised if they do not sell...MACTRAXX
The high plaforms is why they prefer the Kawsakis to the Gallery Cars. They can lock the trap door from opening, so people can just walk on top of it without using the steps on the high platforms. Obivously, they wouldn't be interested in purchasing new Gallery cars like VRE has