• MP36's top speed on the NEC

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by train2

Anyone know what top speed MARC has cleared the MP36s to run on the corridor?

If you don't have access to a transposition document, I would like to hear of a GPS calculation from a train known to be pulled by an MP36.

If any of you are regular raiders on the Penn Line, how about asking a crewman that you know. I bet they will know.

T2
  by realtype

As per the minutes from the Jan Rider's Council meeting I posted in the "MARC Projects" thread:

"The paperwork to allow these new locomotives to run at 100 MPH is in progress. These locomotives are limited to 90 MPH until the paperwork has been completed, and cannot be used on the Penn line due to this speed limitation."

The locomotives are actually being used on the Penn line, but I think mostly for the shorter midday consists that wouldn't use electrics anyway.
  by HokieNav

I'll ask next week. Last I heard was the bit that RT posted above, I think that 90 is going to be the case for the near future.
  by train2

Yes, an MP was on the NEC Friday. I saw a report on another yahoo list. It was on a mid-day train.

T2