• New England Central meeting

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by Noel Weaver

I have heard that 417 and 437 from the Florida East Coast are going to the New England Central but this is subject to change.
Noel Weaver
  by Noel Weaver

Noel Weaver wrote:I have heard that 417 and 437 from the Florida East Coast are going to the New England Central but this is subject to change.
Noel Weaver
As I understand it, the two above engines are presently enroute to Vermont. I think NEC is getting two fine locomotives in
this one.
Noel Weaver
  by jaymac

Any word if other parts of the RailAmerica group will get an NECR-style meet-and-greet? I checked other regional sites for topics and nothing jumped out.
  by SnoozerZ49

In response to other meetings on RA properties, I think this was the initiative of the General Manager. Given the economy, and subsequent lay off of employees the railroad really had not had any employee events such as safety meetings, employee picnic etc... It seemed like a good time to get folks together for some discusions about the year ahead as well as a summary of the previous years activity. Hopefully good times are ahead for the railroad especially with the upcoming rehabilitation projects.
  by OneForTheKick

SnoozerZ49 wrote:In response to other meetings on RA properties, I think this was the initiative of the General Manager. Given the economy, and subsequent lay off of employees the railroad really had not had any employee events such as safety meetings, employee picnic etc... It seemed like a good time to get folks together for some discusions about the year ahead as well as a summary of the previous years activity. Hopefully good times are ahead for the railroad especially with the upcoming rehabilitation projects.
You give that guy too much credit. As far as I'm concerned, he can go right back to where he came from... and he can take his lapdog trainmaster in St Albans with him!

This railroad had fewer problems when Charles Hunter and Bruce Nollman were here.

Bruce was the railroader's best friend. He wasn't out to get you, $crew you over, take away your days off by scheduling you to go on duty fifteen minutes before your days off starts, wouldn't keep re-adjusting your start time, etc. If you needed a day off, and nobody else was available, Bruce would go out and work for you. Guess what, nobody time slipped him for stupid shit either.
  by SnoozerZ49

I understand your points. I don't think I was giving anyone any credit though. I was just summarizing for the folks looking in what was going on. We didn't have the safety picnics, or any other events this year and I believe I was told they wanted to wrap everything up in one meeting. Again that's not my idea just what I was told.

As far as the good old fashioned Trainmasters go, well I think those days are probably over forever no matter what railroad you work for. There is no way any manager is going to step up and support a worker if they are charged with the violation of a rule and are facing disciplinary action especially if it has to be reported to the FRA.
It is a brave new world, get ready for the FRA inwardly facing cab video recorders.
  by OneForTheKick

SnoozerZ49 wrote:I understand your points. I don't think I was giving anyone any credit though. I was just summarizing for the folks looking in what was going on. We didn't have the safety picnics, or any other events this year and I believe I was told they wanted to wrap everything up in one meeting. Again that's not my idea just what I was told.

As far as the good old fashioned Trainmasters go, well I think those days are probably over forever no matter what railroad you work for. There is no way any manager is going to step up and support a worker if they are charged with the violation of a rule and are facing disciplinary action especially if it has to be reported to the FRA.
It is a brave new world, get ready for the FRA inwardly facing cab video recorders.
Yeah, the current administration at NECR could give two sh*ts about us. The "good" trainmasters all got screwed, royally.

The sad part is, the TM's there now only care about rules violations when they don't want something from you.

"What, you can't switch the 120 car CN train that came in 4 hours late, get it brake tested, AND go down to Burlington?" ..... "Well make it happen! Do whatever you need to do, we're not watching" :wink:
  by Cadet57

OneForTheKick wrote:
SnoozerZ49 wrote:I understand your points. I don't think I was giving anyone any credit though. I was just summarizing for the folks looking in what was going on. We didn't have the safety picnics, or any other events this year and I believe I was told they wanted to wrap everything up in one meeting. Again that's not my idea just what I was told.

Yeah, the current administration at NECR could give two sh*ts about us. The "good" trainmasters all got screwed, royally.

The sad part is, the TM's there now only care about rules violations when they don't want something from you.

"What, you can't switch the 120 car CN train that came in 4 hours late, get it brake tested, AND go down to Burlington?" ..... "Well make it happen! Do whatever you need to do, we're not watching" :wink:
Are you the guy in Palmer who wanted to stop switching about halfway thru the train so he could go on his vacation early? :wink:
  by OneForTheKick

Cadet57 wrote:
Are you the guy in Palmer who wanted to stop switching about halfway thru the train so he could go on his vacation early? :wink:
Yeah, really funny.

If I had to work outta Palmer, I'd want to go home early every day too! That's the "home" of all the micro-managing....

...If you've never worked a day in T&E service, making "sly" jokes about people really isn't a cool move. Unless you've experienced the bullsh1t we put up with - don't knock the boys.
  by HighlandRail&DEY-7 652

hmmmmmm is all I can say. I missed CHARLES as the GM of CSOR/Necr. Isn't Pommer considered the "central" point of BOTH railroads now? Corporate wise?
  by Cadet57

OneForTheKick wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:
Yeah, really funny.

If I had to work outta Palmer, I'd want to go home early every day too! That's the "home" of all the micro-managing....

...If you've never worked a day in T&E service, making "sly" jokes about people really isn't a cool move. Unless you've experienced the bullsh1t we put up with - don't knock the boys.
Dude, chill. It wasn't meant to be "sly". It was meant as a joke. I found it humorous the day they were talking about it, the gist of the story was that he wanted the next crew to finish building the train because they left it for them the night before, or something like that. . All the guys ive talked to have been decent guys. Maybe i've seen you there too. Who knows.