• New England Central Railroad (NECR)

• For discussion of the various Class II and III Lines of the Genesee & Wyoming Inc. Railroad Holding Co. short-lines which do not have their own forums as noted:

Their website is here: GWRR.com
    A list of their holdings is here: Wikipedia List
For discussion of the various Class II and III Lines of the Genesee & Wyoming Inc. Railroad Holding Co. short-lines which do not have their own forums as noted:

Their website is here: GWRR.com
A list of their holdings is here: Wikipedia List
  by bshrdr

As some may know, the NECR is leasing at least a pair of FEC GP40s. Last night (2/3/10) they were dropped in West Springfield, MA by the Selkirk to Barbers job. I took advantage of the nighttime and headed up with friend & fellow photographer Bob LaMay for a little impromptu night photo session with the geeps. After we were done there, we headed over to the Springfield Amtrak station for a few shots of the trains laying over there. Head here to check out the story & photos:

http://www.nanosphoto.com/blog/2010/02/ ... -snowbirds

If you're curious, they're currently in Palmer, MA waiting to come onto the NECR property. Presumably they're going to head north to St. Albans to be checked out. Not sure where they'll be assigned once brought back online.

Thanks for looking!
Tom
  by SnoozerZ49

Slowly but surely we're becoming the "FECR" instead of the NECR!!! or maybe the NFECR? So now there is NECR blue and gold, FEC Yellow, FEC blue, ACL purple and silver via the GEXR 3843 ( from the NC&VA ), CN Red, black and white, old RA (red, gray and white), older RA ( red, white and blue ), CSOR gray and white, Conrail blue, UP yellow, did I miss anyting?
  by SnoozerZ49

OOps, I forgot to say nice images!
  by HighlandRail&DEY-7 652

Isn't there one in BN paint as well? and the CSO 2340 in black.
  by Cadet57

bshrdr wrote:Don't forget NYSW bumble bee...So much for a consistent "company identity"... :)

Thanks!
Tom
I saw that one in Palmer back in September or so. Dam was I confused :P

HighlandRail/DEY-7 652 wrote:Isn't there one in BN paint as well? and the CSO 2340 in black.
Not sure about the Black 2340 but yes there is one in BN paint:

by MEC407

Yup, NECR has almost as many paint schemes as MMA!
  by JDM864

GREAT Photos!
  by SnoozerZ49

Something I found interesting is that the FEC GP units have sliding grates mounted inside the cab to protect the conductor and engineer.
  by SnoozerZ49

I just noticed the image of the SD-70 crossing the diamond in Palmer does not have a nose herald. Interestingly enough I noticed yesterday the SD-70 that came down to Palmer had one. I did not notice the unit number as it was sandwiched in the middle of the power consist. Is there another SD-70 back in service or did someone find a way to get the "Susie Q" "S" on the nose of the 4054?
  by SnoozerZ49

ok, thanks, I'm just getting back into the swing of things and hadn't heard anyone talking about it.
  by SnoozerZ49

FYI,
CSOR 2430 an SW-1500 has been brought to Palmer to be tried out as the yard switcher. An interesting change from the standard GP-38 power on the assignment.
  by Cadet57

SnoozerZ49 wrote:FYI,
CSOR 2430 an SW-1500 has been brought to Palmer to be tried out as the yard switcher. An interesting change from the standard GP-38 power on the assignment.
Very cool! Maybe i'll brave the cold and go check it out tomorrow.
  by OneForTheKick

From what I've heard, the 1500 is only being used temporarily to evaluate it's status.

There's a dead "calf" to go with it that's in St Albans for storage/repair. The 1500 was in St. Albans for the same thing up until recently.