• SEPTA Storm Plans For Wednesday, February 10

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by Clearfield

(215) 580-7842

SEPTA Storm Plans For Wednesday, February 10

PHILADELPHIA , February 9, 2010

In advance of tomorrow’s snow storm SEPTA has announced it will operate the transportation system for as long as safely possible, but customers should be prepared for the possible cancellation of service, on a route by route basis, as the storm progresses.

SEPTA will attempt to give customers at least a one-hour notice of service cancellations via the broadcast news media, the SEPTA web site - www.septa.org - and SEPTA’s Twitter account. Information is also available by calling SEPTA Customer Service at (215) 580-7800.

It is strongly recommended that customers heading toward Center City from outlying areas use the terminus stations of the Broad Street Subway and Market Frankford Elevated. On the Broad Street line, the stations are Fern Rock to the north and Pattison Avenue to the south. For the Market Frankford Elevated, the stations are 69th Street to the west and Frankford Transportation Center to the east.

Both subway lines will also operate throughout the night time hours, tomorrow night, on a half-hourly basis.

Extra efforts will be made to maintain service on the following major bus and trolley routes:

In the city, bus routes 14, 21, 23, 27, 33, 47, 52, 55, 60, 66, 79, C and R. Trolley routes 10, 11, 13, 15, 34 and 36.

In the suburban counties, bus routes 93, 96, 99, 104, 109, 110, 113, 124, 125 and 130. Trolley routes 101, 102.

Route 100, The Norristown High Speed Line is always susceptible to drifting snow and will likely be suspended.

Customized Community Transportation (CCT) which provides reserved transportation for senior citizens and the disabled will operate tomorrow only for customers with reservations for dialysis treatment.

Bus routes which normally operate in private areas such as corporate business parks, shopping malls and college campuses will not enter those properties.
  by PhillyPhan

Did Septa shut down the BSL and MFL during last weeks storm?? Why are they shutting down these two routes?? Meanwhile PATCO is smart enough to keep their equipment rolling through the storm.
  by LNE655

It is strongly recommended that customers heading toward Center City from outlying areas use the terminus stations of the Broad Street Subway and Market Frankford Elevated. On the Broad Street line, the stations are Fern Rock to the north and Pattison Avenue to the south. For the Market Frankford Elevated, the stations are 69th Street to the west and Frankford Transportation Center to the east.

Both subway lines will also operate throughout the night time hours, tomorrow night, on a half-hourly basis.

PhillyPhan Where did you read those lines were shutting down??
  by Matthew Mitchell

The revised plan is something of a backtrack for SEPTA, and is about the best we can ask for. Do your best to keep the system running, make adjustments on a line-by-line basis, and communicate with the public if and when lines have to be shut down.
  by kieran

I never thought I'd see the day, but Septa has really embraced Twitter and is a great place to see all the real time updates in terms of service delays and disruptions.

www.twitter.com/septa

I look at it every morning before I go to work and before I leave work. The past few days I've been looking at it all the time with the snow.

Great work by Septa to embrace this technology.
  by Matthew Mitchell

kieran wrote:Great work by Septa to embrace this technology.
I'm not sure which is driving which, but the information is showing up on the web too, and in Trainview.

And if you want to applaud someone for this new technology, one of the key people behind it, Mike Zaleski, will be a guest speaker at the DVARP meeting next Saturday, February 20.
  by TREnecNYP

Matthew Mitchell wrote:
kieran wrote:Great work by Septa to embrace this technology.
I'm not sure which is driving which, but the information is showing up on the web too, and in Trainview.

And if you want to applaud someone for this new technology, one of the key people behind it, Mike Zaleski, will be a guest speaker at the DVARP meeting next Saturday, February 20.
I think the live updating train view = epic.

- A
  by Matthew Mitchell

TREnecNYP wrote:I think the live updating train view = epic.
Let me see what kind of beer the Trainview guys like (Kim Heinle drinks Coors Extra Bland).