• Suburban Propane

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

by baretables

I've been by Suburban's siding several times in the past few weeks and noticed no propane cars at all in the siding. While i understand that the business is seasonal, shouldn't this be a heavy time of the year for inbound loads?

by Lackawanna484

There were a few tank cars on the Algonquin Parkway switch two weeks ago.

There's also a major pipeline passing underneath the property, does that also move propane?

by RS115

I believe the pipeline you refer to carries natural gas it continues on through East Hanover

by Greg

There is almost always one tanker there at all times, when I passed by last week there were two on the siding.

by Ken W2KB

So far the winter has been slightly warmer than normal, so there would have been no peak demand for LPG. A prolonged cold snap would probably result in increased traffic.