Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by NIMBYkiller

Alright, who the hell is the wise ass that took my name? I am NIMBYkiller, not you. Give it up.

by Alcoman

I don't know who took it, but look at it this way:
IF there are more NIMBYkillers than NIMBY's, we would have won the war...

Call yourself NIMBYkiller1

We DO need more NIMBYkillers.....

by lirrmike

Believe me, we'll know it's you! Nimby. :roll:

by 614

Jared, someone took your name??? Wow, I'm changing to 614. Also on subtalk/ bustalk.

-Barry

by Paul

OR... you could sign up with the little "™" symbol. as in " NIMBYKILLER™". Kind of like it myself.

by tp49

Think about it this way change can be good too now you can be an undercover NIMBY killer... :)
  by BEDT16RMLI

you know the new one is better :roll:

by Mr Met

I am this member's sister and I would like to know what is a NIMBY and why are they killers? Please answer me! I want to know- Jen :-)
Last edited by Mr Met on Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
  by scopellit

NIMBY stands for "Not In My Back Yard" and is meant to represent folks who are for many issues, but balk when the issue involves something near their home or interests. e.g. Someone in Mineola says the LIRR should build an overpass for car traffic instead of a grade crossing, but then screams when the overpass increases car traffic past their house.

by NlMBYkiller

OOps

by M1 9147

Jared, you will always be the Nimbykiller no matter who takes your name from you.

by emfinite

Paul,

That '™' thing is a good idea...

Joe

by NIMBYkiller

Well, thanks all for the replies. I've sent a request to the Admin and webmaster to see what they can do about it, hopefully I can get it back. While losing the name does piss me off, I'm more worried about whoever this guy is(coughKINGOFTHENAZAGULorw/eitiscough!) postin crazy things and pissin people off, and they start thinkin it's me. I like alot of the ideas that came about here though.

Well, take care yall

by Nasadowsk

The worse NIMBY is BANNA - Build Absolutely Nothing Near Anybody :roll:

Hey - how come this list of smilies got smaller? :(

by badneighbor

:D Happy we got back on. I got my name back... sorry Ex-NIM