• bahn 3.85

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

by checkthedoorlight

You can get a full LIRR layout http://www.richegreen.com/LIRR.nt3 here. Taken straight from the official 5/23/05 operations plan.

I'm currently in the process of adding NJTransit to this layout next. I may give MNRR a shot too.
  by Grump

Bahn...

I remember that from about 15 years go on my old Pentium 133. I remember I had downloaded a route that had the NEC and the NJCL and a bunch of Amtrak and NJT trains to go on it. It was pretty interesting and amazing at the time I think I thought it was pretty amazing...

I should download again for nostalgia's sake and take a look.
  by checkthedoorlight

BAHN layouts can be either artistic or scientific, depending on the creator's intent. I fall in the latter - my layouts may not be covered with trees and water and landscape buildings, but they follow the REAL schedules, and don't wuss out by putting a terminal building instead of actual yard tracks. You want to see how many trains are moving through Jamaica station at any given time? That's my intent.

SEPTA publishes very specific operation plans (even down to which yard tracks a train moves to after finishing their run), so someday if I ever get NJT done, I will give that a go too.
  by SEPTAR3kid

checkthedoorlight wrote:BAHN layouts can be either artistic or scientific, depending on the creator's intent. I fall in the latter - my layouts may not be covered with trees and water and landscape buildings, but they follow the REAL schedules, and don't wuss out by putting a terminal building instead of actual yard tracks. You want to see how many trains are moving through Jamaica station at any given time? That's my intent.

SEPTA publishes very specific operation plans (even down to which yard tracks a train moves to after finishing their run), so someday if I ever get NJT done, I will give that a go too.
Yeah currently, I am still in the track/scenery phase of the project. I still need to do the R7, R8 and the CSX trackage up the Schuylkill River and then the CSX Philadelphia Subdivision. I plan on modeling the exact septa schedules with the yards instead of terminal buildings in yard areas like you said.