• Increased Mansfield Parking

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

According to the Sun Chronicle on Saturday, the MBTA parking lot in Mansfield currently contains 800 spaces (including 172 in a small private lot). On Tuesday, little or no opposition is expected at a town hall meeting to a request by the private lot owner to add an additional 508 spaces at no public cost. The new spaces are expected to be open by June.

by Robert Paniagua

Yeah, the parking issue at Mansfield has been talked about since the dinosaur era :-), but they haven't done a thing yet, that's what bothers me. I hope they move forward with those parking expansion plans so that other residents in the neighbourhood of Mansfield can drive upthere rather than going to other stations for a parking spot.

by CSX Conductor

Too bad they can't make a lot out of the old land north of the station, where a large fire destroyed the land's existing buildings in the late 90's.
  by Paul Cutler III

The land under the old Clemmy Tank Co. that burned to the groud (arson by some teens) is still owned by old man Clemmy, and last I heard, he wants to put in a self storage business there...

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

they are clearing that area out, i thought that is where the new parking lot is going, last time i saw, everything was leveled, they are planning on building something there, but i don't know what