• "Sweet" experiences on CSX rails...

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by iceman977th

Anyone had those kinds of moments where you just scream "AWESOME!!" for some reason or another? Share them.

Mine: We ran into Ashland after I left the skating rink just to see if we could catch P051 running late (as they usually do) with no luck. However, a coal train pulled by the station just as we got there. He was moving at restricted speeds (a coal train hit a loaded scrap truck at the 19th street crossing into Mansbach so they were still picking up scrap), and I was bored (plus I was driving) and hit the car horn with the first 5 blasts of shave & a haircut, waited a sec, and was about to say "oh well" when he answered with the last two. Kinda made my night, which wasnt the best as it was.
  by photorailfan

i always wave to the guys running the trains wherever i am. Alot of times i get a few toots or a wave back. A few months ago at iona island i was waiting for a southbound with my camera on the tripod set on a rock. When the train came i was about to shoot when i realized the engineer had his head out the cab window while trying to photograph me. My photo came out just about perfect. Wish i saw his shot? That was awsome to me.