• Pan Am Intermodal East

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by MEC&BAR

Was at Northern Maine Jct this morning. Saw 2 3-unit spine car sets all loaded with containers. on 2 different trains, just guessing but if I had to, I think they were on MABA and EDNM. No camera, was on my way to work, so no pics. I saw 2 of the containers which were CSX and EMP. Anybody have any ideas????
  by jaymac

Mebbe MT home after delivering wind-farm components?
  by CN9634

There is a conversation on a seperate group about this traffic. It is steadily building and talk of a dedicated once a week train has been mentioned. Of course this is pure rumor as of right now but it would be nice to see. Whatever happens it is known that this traffic is building from a some sets every month and again to three or four sightings of intermodal a week.
  by newpylong

CN9634 wrote:There is a conversation on a seperate group about this traffic. It is steadily building and talk of a dedicated once a week train has been mentioned. Of course this is pure rumor as of right now but it would be nice to see. Whatever happens it is known that this traffic is building from a some sets every month and again to three or four sightings of intermodal a week.
I was told this once a week train could/is going to happen this month... time will tell I guess.
  by moth

I was in Oakland this weekend. On Friday afternoon a train came thru eastbound and the last 3 cars were well cars that each had one lowish container. On Sunday afternoon there was another eastbound train that had containers on spine cars. This was the first time I have seen containers on any train up there.
  by CN9634

Very interesting. I'll be up here in Orono on the main line all week so I will catch this train when/if it happens. Also I wonder what symbol would be used. Perhaps an AYMA (Ayer Mattawamkeag) or SEMA (Selkirk Mattawamkeag). Would be interesting if it used a CSX symbol which has been done in the past.
  by Highball

This past Thursday, September 10th, I saw a NBSR Eastbound, 65 miles from St John N.B., with 16 CSX containers. This is the largest block of these containers I've seen on NBSR thus far.
  by calaisbranch

I've been seeing regular blocks of CSX containers for a few weeks straight on weekend visits to NMJ. Usually 3-5 at a time. The leave on NMED and go up on BAMA. Pretty cool to see them around. I'll believe the dedicated moves when I see them more than once.