• Railfanning at Suffern Station 8-27-09

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by Train2009

This Morning I was at NJ Transit's Suffern Rail Station for a little bit of railfanning first I saw the 10:43 AM Express from Port Jervis, New York it was heading to NJ, then I saw the 10:54 AM Train local with Multi-Level Cars and then the 10:46 AM which it ran a bit late heading to Port Jervis. On the 10:46 AM it had a Metro North paint F40 with comet v cars, 10:43 AM with 3 comet vs and a GP40PH-2 Diesel, and as I said the 10:54 AM had Multi-Level cars and a PL42 Diesel.

I have a question:

1. At this point how many Multi-Level Cars does the Main line as at this point?
  by cruiser939

Train2009 wrote:I have a question:

1. At this point how many Multi-Level Cars does the Main line as at this point?
Why don't you try the ML thread? I'm sure you know where it is seeing as you posted in it today.
  by sullivan1985

Main and Bergen Line ML sets have been run in revenue with 6 cars. Normally always with a PL42AC, but once or twice with an F40 due to a last minute engine swap and no available PL42's. Test trains could have run longer but I can not confirm that.
  by firthorfifth06

From observation, the main/bergen has two sets that stay all day round. One set comes down during morning rush and lays over until evening rush. One set runs back and forth between Hoboken and Suffern all day.

There is a third "guest set" which comes in off of the Raritan Valley line in the morning (2406). This set runs between Hoboken and Waldwick until a little after 3, when it makes an hour-long trek back to Newark to become 5733