• Montreal/Dorval Frequencies

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Ken V

by SLR 393

Can anyone point me to a list that has the CN-CP-VIA-AMT frequencies for the Montreal/Dorval area? I have a friend who just got a scanner and he is going to be railfanning later this week! Thank you!
  by Montrealrail

If he going there on the week He will get a lot of trains

for VIA on the week,around 20 trains in all,with that,some CN freights trains will be viewable too,on the CP's side,on the week,around the same number of AMT trains than VIA Rail,and 5 ou 6 CP'trains on the day,I not included the one on night time..in all in the week,he can get around 40 trains in a entire day..

in the week0end,He could be lucky to get around 20 or 25 trains on the entire day..
I use tu get there some saturdays and I'm always getting good stuff..
CN 327 and 326,and CN 376 and 377 get sometime,good surprise,like CSX,IC and NS engines.on the CP,we can get some CEFX and SOO line trains.
sometime,We can see some conrails passing by,friend of mine already get a pic with a CN,a CP and a BNSF engine on the same consist..
In resume,that one of the most great railfanning place in Montreal..
  by SLR 393

The best days we have had at Dorval were weekdays, too. I hope we can make the trip again soon.
  by Montrealrail

I just realise while reading back that I forgot to put the frequecy list for the area,it's from a french site,but still the same frequences
http://railfan.quebectrain.com/frequences.html

and if you want to a search,you can raffiner your scanner for every railroad company,CN,CP,VIA,AMT,MMA QGRY and lot more in Quebec province and east Ontario
http://railfan.quebectrain.com/recherche_frequence.html
  by SLR 393

thanks, I had that bookmarked in my laptop from a while ago and emailed this to my friend in Ste. Therese. He is a very happy railfan!