• Obscure northern NH logging RR's

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by oibu

This is a stretch but figured that maybe somebody who peruses the forums here might know...

first, I'm wondering how closely the Success Pond Road heading northeast out of Berlin follows the Success Pond RR ROW, or as I suspect it may be, IS the Success Pond RR ROW?

And secondly, does anyone know where the Millsfield RR ran to and from? I know where Millsfield is but no idea on where the railroad ran, if it was an isolated oepration or connected to the GT somewhere or ran down into Berlin somehow, etc.

And in Bill Gove's JE HEnry's Logging RR's book, there is a photo showing an EB&L plow in 1964, and indicates it was fixed up and on dispaly with the 2 remaining steam engines (3 & 5). Does anyone know what became of this plow? As far as I know it is not at Clark's, perhaps when the steam engines were being rescued and restored teh plow got scrapped for $ to put towards moving and repairs? Otherwise it seems surprising that, with all of the other stuff that was "saved", the plow would've been junked.

Thanks if anyone knows any answers!
  by BayColony1706

Not sure about the plow, but I know the EB&L's "Dipper Duck" Log crane is at Steamtown.
  by oibu

^^ THANKS!

I've looked at the Beyond Brown website before, but I guess with all the other gobbledy-gook when you scroll down I never scrolled all the way to the bottom of the page.

Ha, when all else fails, read the directions!

That said... you'd think the caption for the photo wouldn't be quite so totally buried, either!!
  by svobronco

Great link ferroequinarchaeologist! I finally found a few pictures of Berlin Mills 70T GEs I'd been looking for. Thanks