• Fake Photo on the cover of July 09 Trains Magazine?

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

by Trainman101

Its looks like they shot the train from a moving car, notice how everything in the background is blurry except the truck. Cut and paste?
  by scottychaos

yes, clearly its a "photo illustration"..

http://www.trains.com/trn/default.aspx?c=a&id=4076

Unless the train was running backwards at the same speed as the truck..
or the truck was running backwards at the same speed as the train..which didnt happen! :wink:

I would guess the truck and the background are one shot, the loco was pasted in,
and the space between the track and the highway was digitally blurred-streaked.

actually, looking closer, im going to say its four different elements..
one photo is the truck and the road its sitting on..background landscape is a second, unrelated scene..
the loco is a third image pasted in..then the space between the "tracks" and the road is just a digital green streak..probably not from a real scene at all..

it probably says inside the issue.."photo montage" or "photo illustration" or something like that..
not a big deal IMO..I dont think Trains magazine ever said its covers will not be digitally altered..
its not a photo contest..

Scot
  by Plate F

FYI inside the cover it gives credit to the photographers and also says photo illustration credit of the artist. (No names as the magazine isnt in front of me)
  by Otto Vondrak

Trainman101 wrote:Its looks like they shot the train from a moving car, notice how everything in the background is blurry except the truck. Cut and paste?
I'm pretty sure they explain it is a cut-and-paste on the inside of the magazine. It's a photo illustration.