• Metroliner in Hoboken

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by nick11a

Real quick question. Today I saw an Amtrak Metroliner car in Hoboken. It said something like "Corridor Cutter." Anyone know why it is there? It was my first time seeing a metroliner in person.

by DutchRailnut

Corridor clipper is not a metro liner car its a modified Amfleet inspection car with a dead pantograph on top for camera tracking purpose.

by nick11a

DutchRailnut wrote:Corridor clipper is not a metro liner car its a modified Amfleet inspection car with a dead pantograph on top for camera tracking purpose.
Oh, OK thanks! I guess transit owns it then being that it was in Hoboken.

by DutchRailnut

No Amtrak owns it , just because you see it on another RR does not mean its owned by them.

by transit383

This car is used occasionally by NJT because NJT's Track Geometry Inspection Vehicle (TGIV) was involved in a little barbeque last year. I don't know what the status of the TGIV is, but until it is repaired or replaced, the Corridor Cutter is used.

by Jtgshu

Our TGIV is still sitting in Red Bank yard, just about a mile from where it cooked itself at the Navesink River Road xing. I don't konw what they are planning on doing with it, but its now been sitting there, sometimes covered with a tarp, sometimes not, for well over a year.

by DutchRailnut

Transit383 the Car is Corridor Clipper not Cutter.
Amtk 10002 is number
see:
http://www.geocities.com/RodeoDrive/Out ... ridor.html

the other Amtrak inspection car is Beech Grove Amtk 10001
http://www.northeast.railfan.net/images/amtk10001.jpg

by trainfreak

Is this car self powered or does it need a locomotive to push it?

by nick11a

My guess is that you would need a loco to push/pull it.

by transit383

Transit383 the Car is Corridor Clipper not Cutter.
I stand corrected.
Is this car self powered or does it need a locomotive to push it?
It is locomotive hauled. I believe the last time it was used, the set consisted of an NJT F40 and either a Comet II or Comet IV with the Clipper on the rear.

by NJT4207

The engine,the clipper,cab car.As it is right now,#4206 & a camero.