• LSL Bos to Chi Meals Question

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by teddysdad

I'll be going from Boston to Chicago on Lake Shore Limited in a sleeper. Does anyone know which meals are included?
  by R36 Combine Coach

Amfleet cafe between Boston and Albany, "Diner lite" causal service between Albany and Chicago.
  by Penique72

With the newly reinstated sleeper service on BOS-CHI route, can I assume one of 3 included meals would then be a box/bagged lunch from the Amfleet cafe car?

Also, Diner-Lite service for the Boston sleepers once it departs ALB? Can anyone confirm it's reserved seating for dinner?
  by Mike S.

Don't see why you could not have dinner after Albany (thats when I usually eat) and breakfast the next morning.
  by CHANGEATJAMAICA

Since the LSL section leaves BOS quite a while before the NYP section (1155 vs 1545) the authors question is a valid one.
The first (last) time we were able to book a sleeper BOS/CHI was 2004. At that time we were able to select from the Cafe Car menu during the BOS/ALB segment at no additional cost to us. Subsequent trips on the "Toonerville Trolley" we purchased lunch from the Cafe Car prior to arrival in ALB and the cross platform "cha, cha, cha" to our sleeper on the NYP section onward to CHI.

Best regards,
Rodger