• Baldwins on the Oregon & Northwestern

• Discussion related to Baldwin Locomotive Works, Lima Locomotive Works, Lima-Hamilton Corporation, and Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton.
Discussion related to Baldwin Locomotive Works, Lima Locomotive Works, Lima-Hamilton Corporation, and Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton.

Moderator: lumpy72

by tomjohn

I don't know if this was answered in a earlier post,what or where are the OREGON AND NORTHWESTERN RR Baldwins? I know they were/or are 1/2 yellow on top 1/2 red bottom, I think these were Baldwin demos.

Tom

by GOLDEN-ARM

This might make your day!!! O&NW RAILROAD

by GN 599

Also check out the High Desert Rails website. It has a section on the O&NW. Two of them (#3 & 4 ) are in Portola railroad museum in Portola CA along with their ex-N&W caboose #300. Another is in Portland OR (#2 ). #1 in at the southwest railway museum.

by N. Todd

The landscape over there is so empty and quiet without the Baldwins...
  by Mr.SP

Jeff Moore's High Desert Rails site is excellent. There are several photos of the four AS-616's there including some from myself.
  by Owen S. Paulsen

The O&NW RR BALDWIN Loco No 1 is a Pacific Southwest Railway Museum (DBA San Diego Railroad Museum) in Campo,CA.
Still will red on top an yellow on bottom.
The unit roller-bearing the was when January 31, 1955 on the O&NW
We don't run it but the is complete an will may do.

http://www.sdrm.org/roster/diesel/d-1/index.html

Smile

Stan
  by GN 599

I got to visit the two at Portola this summer. I almost forgot. I will post some pics. They havent ran in a while but are all intact. They need a little TLC though.